It's all about Redland...
Rubra Terra – Redland was named after the distinctive soil on which much of this leafy residential suburb stands. When John Cossins built Redland Court in the early 18th C he had aspirations of being Country gentlemen. Redland was a ‘country mile’ from the City of Bristol – and in those days a mile was a long way.
Today the City is on your doorstep and that’s one of the reasons why living in Redland is so special. Sitting in the colloquially termed ‘Golden Triangle’ which includes Cotham and Clifton, Redland is also bordered by Bishopston. Being surrounded by such interesting and gregarious areas is Redland’s very good fortune. Built predominantly in the late Georgian/early Victorian eras, it attracts a great mix of families, singles and couples creating a lively diverse environment. And when people move to Redland they tend to stay.
Whilst handy for Durdham Downs, Whiteladies and Gloucester Road, Redland itself attracts many independent and innovative retailers, cafés and restaurant owners, so very conveniently Redland Court is a short walk away from a whole world of fabulous food.
- Chandos Road Walk: 0.4miles | Bike: 3mins | Car: 2mins
- Cotham HillWalk: 0.8miles | Bike: 5mins | Car: 5mins | Bus: 10mins | Train: 11mins
- Clifton Down ShopsWalk: 1.1miles | Bike: 7mins | Car: 5mins | Bus: 10mins | Train: 10mins
- Waitrose Henleaze Walk: 1miles | Bike: 7mins | Car: 4mins | Bus: 20mins
- Whiteladies Road Walk: 0.7miles | Bike: 4mins | Car: 3mins | Bus: 7mins
- Gloucester Road Walk: 0.4miles | Bike: 3mins | Car: 2mins
- Park Street (Top) Walk: 1.4miles | Bike: 6mins | Car: 6mins | Bus: 14mins
- Cabot Circus Walk: 1.6miles | Bike: 8mins | Car: 20mins
- Durdham Downs Walk: 0.8miles | Bike: 9mins | Car: 5mins
- University (Tyndall Avenue) Walk: 1.1miles | Bike: 7mins | Car: 4mins | Bus: 9mins
- BRI Hospital Complex Walk: 1.1miles | Bike: 7mins | Car: 6mins | Bus: 22mins
- Redland Train Station Walk: 0.4miles | Bike: 2mins
- Temple Meads Walk: 2miles | Bike: 40mins | Car: 11mins | Bus: 19mins | Train: 12mins
- Bus Station Walk: 1mile | Bike: 7mins | Car: 15mins
- Redland Tennis Club Walk: 0.3miles | Bike: 2mins
- Bowling Green Walk: 0.3miles | Bike: 3mins | Car: 2mins
- Redland Green Park Walk: 0.3miles | Bike: 3mins | Car: 2mins
- Cotham Gardens Park Walk: 0.4miles | Bike: 3mins | Car: 2mins
- Kensington Arms Walk: 0.4miles | Bike: 3mins | Car: 8mins
- The Shakespeare Walk: 0.3miles | Bike: 3mins | Car: 2mins
- Redland Green SchoolWalk: 200meters